World Metrology Day Resource Center
Scientists and engineers dedicated to metrology celebrate May 20 as World Metrology Day. On May 20, 1875, representatives from 17 nations signed a treaty to coordinate weights and measures activities internationally and to support the development of the metric system. We honor their pioneering efforts to improve the quality of our lives.
Learn more about World Metrology Day and download a free poster on the World Metrology Day website ».
Read past and present Fluke Metrology Day messages on this page. We also share items that provide insights and interesting information about metrology.
|World Metrology Day 2014|
|Theme: Measurements and the global energy challenge|
|World Metrology Day 2013|
|Theme: Measurements in daily life|
|World Metrology Day 2012|
Theme: We measure for your safety
|Videos about metrology|
Why Measurements Matter » (summary)
Why Measurements Matter » (complete version; on YouTube)
Fluke Chief Corporate Metrologist Jeff Gust gives a keynote speech about metrology and measurements at the Fluke 2012 Press Summit. Watch him get attendees excited about measurements and what they do for our society.
This animated video from the United States Navy tells the story of why calibration is important.
This video was produced by VSL, the Dutch Metrology Institute.
American television host Rachel Maddow presented this segment on World Metrology Day in 2010.
|Inside the Fluke Electrical Metrology Lab|
Test & Measurement World Editor Martin Rowe visited Fluke and toured the electrical metrology lab with Chief Corporate Metrologist Jeff Gust. This article shares his firsthand look.
- New Products
- Electrical Calibration
- RF Calibration
- Temperature Calibration
- ITS-90 Temperature Standards
- Digital Thermometer Readouts
- Calibration Baths
- Industrial Calibrators
- Multifunction Calibrators
- Temperature Calibration Software
- Pressure Calibration
- Piston Gauges
- Automated Pressure Controller/Calibrators
- Pressure Monitors
- Deadweight Testers
- Manual Pressure Calibration
- Air Data Calibration
- Environmental Monitors
- Pressure Calibration Accessories
- Pressure Calibration Custom Systems
- Pressure Calibration Software
- Flow Calibration
- Calibration Software
- Data Acquisition and Test Equipment
- Process Calibration Tools
- Purchase Info
- Training and Events
- Literature and Education
- Service and Support
- Authorized Service Centers
- Calibration and Repair Services
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Product Manuals (User Guides)
- Register Products
- Safety, Service, and Product Notices
- Service Plans
- Software Downloads
- Submit online RMA
- Technical Support
- Calibration Community Site
- My MET/SUPPORT
- About Us